We are pleased to announce our newest contest, the 2016 Novel Contest. Since our inception in 2013, we have held a poetry contest, a novel contest, and a short story contest. Those of you waiting for a memoir contest will have to wait a bit longer, because we are once again putting on a novel writing contest. Without ado, here are the rules:
- This time it costs money. We are sorry, but our last novel contest had over 100 entries and took a huge, huge amount of time and effort. We’ve learned our lesson, and this year’s contest has a $50 fee. It also occurred to us that charging a small fee would encourage people to only enter if they felt really good about their work. There were some entries the last time where we could sense the author saying: “Well, it’s probably not going to win, but hey, it’s free, so I might as well enter, even if I haven’t really edited it yet…”
2. Send us ten pages of your manuscript, in Word format only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 30th at 11:59pm.
3. Pay the entry fee via PayPal here:
4. Wait patiently. Sometime in the month of July we will send you an email. It will either ask you to send us the rest of the manuscript, or it will politely tell you that your entry has not won. Every rejected manuscript will receive a short critique from a RiverRun judge.
5. Winners will be announced August 31st.
We will be awarding between one and three full publishing packages, based on the quality of the submissions. In our 2014 contest we awarded three prizes, because we had three novels that we thought really stood out. You can see our publishing package here. It includes design, production, and distribution of a printed paperback book and also an ebook. The winning books will be published at the end of November, 2016.
Questions? Email us or call us at RiverRun Bookstore, 603-431-2100
Here’a a look at our past winners, three books we could not be more proud of!!